Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tried it Tuesday and Techie Tuesday Link Ups

Wow 2 days in a row...now that's impressive!! I am linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday and Technology Tailgate for Techie Tuesday Link Up! This is my first time for this linky, but there's a first time for everything!


My Tried it Tuesday  and Techie Tuesday Link Up is a site called Big Huge Labs...I love this site and so do my GT students. I learned about Big Huge Labs at the Texas GT conference in Houston this year and I was so excited to try it with my students. With BHL's, when you sign up for an account, you can add your students and then print off their user names and passwords. 





There are some really cool things you can do on this site, from magazine covers, cd covers, posters, flyers etc. When a student creates a project, they can then email it to their teacher. I have only had the opportunity to use it once with my students and they thought it was so neat. My students chose to do the magazine cover for their travel projects they were finishing.

As they were working, I had an awesome "a-ha" moment (don't you love it when that happens???) I realized how great magazine covers are for teaching main idea. My students were so confused at first by what to put on the cover and the only way I could think to explain it was to think of the main things you "did" on your trip. It clicked with them (and me) at that moment that magazines are great for teaching main idea and then I was quickly saddened that I never thought of that while I was in the classroom:(...

Anyway, I hope you will have the chance to give it a try...I know your students will love it!!

In other news, I forgot to post a picture yesterday of my Bluebonnet chain links that have become the death of me. Now you can see why I am changing to something a little more manageable next year (make sure you read my post from yesterday so you can give me some input on how I should keep track of the Bluebonnets the students read next year...I know, crazy I am already thinking about next year...shhhh, don't tell anyone).

It's not a very good picture, but you get the idea of how hard it is to get to them...a good idea in theory.

In other library news...

Please check out my Facebook page. It is a work in progress, but I think I will like adding one more thing to my plate;)

I hope all of you have a good night...I am going to go work on my other projects (as if I need more)...

Until next time, make everything lovely!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment